The Mae Hilty Memorial Library was founded in 1953 by the Ladies Auxiliary of the Texas Chiropractic Association. It was named to honor Mae Fivecoat Hilty, a chiropractor’s wife who gave her life saving a nephew from drowning. With Mae Hilty as an inspiration, the library continued to grow and, in 1982, moved to its current location in TCC’s Learning Resource Center.
The academic heart of Texas Chiropractic College is the Mae Hilty Memorial Library. Located on the first floor of the Learning Resource Center, the library offers students—as well as the chiropractic community at large—a wealth of learning resources to augment and support the TCC curriculum.
Dr. Taylor and Dr. Wynd have published an article about chiropractors' knowledge of concussion injuries. Read or download a copy here.
How most of us sit with our tablets
How we should sit with our tablets —>
The TCC library exists to support the scholarship of students and faculty and to assist in providing information to the chiropractic community at large. Toward this aim, the library offers a variety of services to its patrons and collects books, journals, and audiovisual materials in the disciplines of chiropractic, basic science, medicine, and clinical techniques. The Library also provides facilities for group and individual study, computer use, and copying.