The International Fellowship of Texas Chiropractic College (IFTCC) is here for you!
If you are not familiar with library or research vocabulary, then these resources may be of assistance.
1. We have a list of library research terms in English, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French, Spanish, Arabic, and Vietnamese. You may print one copy of this list for your personal use.
Multilingual Glossary for Today's Library Users - Language Table
2. Once you have found the translation of the term, come to this list of definitions to learn its meaning (in English) . You may print one copy of this list for your personal use.
Multilingual Glossary for Today's Library Users - Definitions
(These documents were developed by the Association of College and Research Libraries and made available under a CC-BY-NC-4.0 license.)
Do you miss hearing music or news from your country? Go to World Radio Map and select your country from the dropdown list. You may need to click to choose further selections, but the outcome should be online radio from your country!
Houston is a very diverse city, and has a large international population. Courses in English as a Second Language are available for individuals or in groups. Here are some nearby options:
- The Pasadena Interactive College of Technology offers classes in writing, speaking, and reading English in Pasadena. These courses require tuition, but financial assistance is available.
- The Harris County Department of Education offers English as a Second Language classes at two locations in Pasadena. These classes are free. The new schedule will be available in January 2020.
- The Parker Williams Branch of the Harris County Public Library offers English conversation and tutoring sessions during the public school year. Call or stop by the library for details.
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019